Fabulous 12-bedroom house (all en-suite), sleeping up to 34 guests, with two hot tubs, set in a magnificent rural setting and short walk from Sedbergh Village.
Howgills House is a newly renovated property, designed with group accommodation in mind. The entire property is decorated and furnished to an impeccably high standard to offer guests a mix of modern and contemporary accommodation and within easy reach of the Lake District.
Spanning two floors, guests will have exclusive use of the entire house and grounds, which is an ideal option for low-key events or celebrations. The large open-plan ground floor living space is light and bright, useful if the weather is a little damp, but otherwise, the outdoor space is splendid with wonderful views and of course the two undercover hot tubs.
All 12 en-suite bedrooms have been individually decorated to provide beautiful and luxury accommodation. Bedroom 5 on the ground floor is suitable for disabled guests and benefits from a wet room.
Howgills House can accept outdoor caterers if required and also activity providers. We have a list of providers available for you. Continental breakfast items are provided for you and included in the hire price, which you can set up and serve whenever you feel like.
- Two large living rooms with interconnecting glass doors and panoramic windows. Large flatscreen TV with Sky and an open wood-fire.
- Commercial kitchen with fridges, freezers, crockery, cutlery and cookware. Gas oven and hob.
- Bedrooms 1 to 5, including the wheel-chair friendly bedroom with en-suite wet room.
- Two WC's, one of which is suitable for wheelchair access.
- Cosy Library Room
- Bedrooms 6 to 12
- Large grounds and patio area
- Two undercover 8-person hot tubs.
Things To Note
- The bunk beds are suitable for adults.
- Pets are not permitted at Howgills House.
- Unfortunately Hen, Stag or rowdy events.
- A £500 Good Housekeeping deposit is required which will be refunded after the house is checked over.
- Continental breakfast items are provided for you and included in the hire price, which you can set up and serve whenever you feel like.
About The Location
Although situated in the splendid Yorkshire Dales National Park, Howgills House is situated at the foot of the Howgills in the picturesque market town of Sedbergh, which falls under the South Lakes area. The region is popular with walkers as well as cyclists. The elegant town is well known as the home for Sedbergh School attracting students from around the world. The town also offer a selection of pubs, which offer great food as well as smaller cafes and restaurants.
Other local villages of note are Kendal which his 10 miles away and Kirkby Lonsdale also 10 miles away. Windermere is 19 Miles, where you can hop on one of the Lake Cruises to visit Ambleside, Wray Castle or Lakeside for the aquarium and Haverthwaite Steam Train. Kirkby Stephen is 14 Miles away from the House, where you can catch the well-known Dalesman Steam train on the scenic Settle to Carlise Railway.
Book this listing
- All services including wifi and the hot tubs, bed linen, towels and continental breakfast are included in the price.
- Travel cots and high chairs can be provided at no extra cost.
- Hen, Stag or rowdy parties are not permitted.
- Out of respect to the neighbours, there should be no excessive noise outside after 21:00.
- Dogs or pets are not permitted.
- Any-day arrivals.
- A minimum of a two-night stay applies on weekends.
Deposit & Payment Details
- An initial deposit equivalent to the first nights stay is required when booking. The balance payment will be due 60 days prior to your arrival.
- Bookings made within 60 days of arrival will require full payment when booking.
- A £500 Good Housekeeping deposit is required 7 days prior to your arrival which will be pre-authorised against a debit or credit card.
- Baby and Toddler Friendly
- Bed Linen Provided
- Central Heating
- Family Friendly
- Hot Tub
- Log Burner / Fireplace
- Pub within 1 Mile
- Sleeps 10+
- Walks nearby
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Check In4:00 PM
- Check Out10:00 AM
- Max Guests34