A romantic cottage for two with a woodfired hot tub overlooking the village green
About this Cottage
A perfect romantic retreat for 2 people plus 1 dog or a baby in this former Brew House which has been converted into a unique and very quirky self-catering cottage overlooking the village green and the lovely river Lyvennet.
The open-plan space has been creatively used to provide an open-plan layout which includes a hand-built kitchen made from local Green Oak. A dining area in the conservatory looking out over the village green and a cosy sofa by the woodburning stove. Heating is provided throughout the cottage.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
Up the oak and steel staircase to the super comfy bedroom with lovely views over the green to the river.
A spacious wet room with power shower and underfloor heating is on the ground floor, off of the kitchen.
A sheltered courtyard with a wood-fired hot tub is just right for catching the morning and afternoon sunshine. Step out from the cottage onto the village green and collect conkers from the ancient Chestnut trees in Autumn or watch a Heron diving for fish in the lovely Lyvennet river which winds lazily right through the village or perhaps a horse and traps trundling past on a summer evening. Springtime is uniquely special, listen to the sheep and bounding lambs as they roam free range on the green.
The local community-owned pub, The Butchers Arms, is a peaceful 15-minute stroll along the river.
Things to note
- WiFi is available throughout the property.
- A microwave is available on request.
- There is parking space for one vehicle to the front of the property.
- Three nights use of the hot tub + wood is included in the price after which the tub must be drained, cleaned and refilled. Additional three nights usage can be added for an additional cost of £60 which includes the cleaning, refilling and additional wood
- The self-managed hot tub will be clean and filled with fresh water for you, but please note that it takes two hours to be heated to the required temperature.
Right at the centre of the village looking out onto the village green… (where sheep graze in summer), and the lovely river Lyvennet.
Maulds Meaburn is a very special village steeped in history with direct access to a network of footpaths and bridleways… yet only 10 mins from the M6 (Shap Junction 39) or A66 (Appleby).
There is a lovely new Walking leaflet, Fell & Riverside Walks around Crosby Ravensworth and Maulds Meaburn produced by local people in 2018, which provides 3 walks around this beautiful area – described by Hunter Davies as “… one of the most beautiful villages in the country“.
Book this listing
- Electricity, logs and kindling for the woodstove on the first night (extra available from an honesty box outside), all linen and towels, cleaning materials, kitchen utensils & free WiFi.
- Please note that there is no microwave at the property, however, one can be provided if required.
- The first three nights use of the wood-fired hot tub is included in the price after which the tub must be drained, cleaned and refilled. The additional three nights usage can be added for an additional cost of £60 which includes the cleaning, refilling and additional wood.
- Anyday except for Saturday
- A minimum of a 2-night stay applies in Low Season
- A minimum of a 3-night stay applies in July and August.
Deposit & Payment Details:
- A 30% deposit is required when booking in order to confirm your booking. The balance will be due no later than 60 days prior to arrival.
- Bookings made within 60 days of arrival will require full payment at the time of booking.
- Bed Linen Provided
- Central Heating
- Dogs permitted
- Hot Tub
- Just For Two
- Log Burner / Fireplace
- Pub within 1 Mile
- Walks nearby
- Check In3:00 PM
- Check Out10:15 AM
- Max Guests2