Romantic getaway in the Yorkshire Dales National Park, with optional wood-fired Hot Tub
About this Shepherd Hut
Glamorous Camping or Glamping cannot get much better, right in the heart of the Westmorland Dales National Park.
Totally ‘Off-Grid’ Yan Shepherds Hut is nestled in a beautiful natural meadow overlooking a pond and kept beautifully warm with a woodburning stove. Lit by candles only, guests will marvel at the magnificent Dark Sky on a clear night. There is a small balcony to perch on with a glass of local ale and watch the world go by… maybe a pheasant, a couple of hares in the pasture, or a tawny owl as it gets towards night.
- Proper Hygge, all Scandinavian and cosy. with pale-washed boarding, an oak floor, small wood stove that's super-efficient and a stable door so you can really enjoy the view. The hut is made from steel and wood on a cantilevered base, clad in galvanised steel with plenty of insulation, even under the floor.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Suitable for two, the wonderfully comfy oak bed is made up for you and ready for bedtime. Just a few yards to the courtyard where you have the use of a lovely warm shower room with underfloor heating and toilet. Guests have use of a fridge, plenty of local guide books and maps, a kettle and space to dry boots and jackets after you have explored the footpaths and cycle trails that head out in every direction from the Hut.
- A purpose-built communal kitchen area and separate showers, loo's and electric points are available a few paces from the Hut.
- Guests are welcome to BBQ, order a hot meal from the owner on arrival or visit one of the two local pubs, both of which offer great food.
- Visitors to Yan Shepherds Hut can book the private use of The Wood Fired Hot Tub, which is just divine after a long day walking, biking or just exploring The Westmorland Dales. The Hot Tub is hidden within the Gothic ruins of the C16th Tower House and is something special to look forward to.
Optional Extras (Ordered directly with the owner after the booking)
- Breakfast – Freshly made food to order: A breakfast basket of a Cumberland bacon & sausage and egg bap, or a vegetarian option of avocado on toast, topped with confit tomatoes or pan-fried field mushrooms, yoghurt with fruit and honey, croissants with crab apple jelly and a flask of coffee can be ordered and brought to the Hut each morning by the owners – £18 /basket.
- Wood-fired Hot Tub: The optional hot tub sits alongside the Shepherd Hut and it is available to book for an additional £35.00 for the first night and £10.00 per night for additional nights.
- Dogs: One small or medium dog is welcome to stay with you. The cost is £15 per stay and payable directly to the owner when you arrive.
- Details of how to book the optional extras will be provided in your booking confirmation.
Yan Shepherd Hut is on a private estate in the picturesque village of Maulds Meaburn which is one of many in the Lyvennet Valley and Yorkshire Dales National Park yet only 13 miles from Penrith.
Guests can expect peace and tranquillity to relax or explore one of the many walks locally finishing off with a pint at the local community-owned Butchers Arms in Crosby Ravensworth, about a mile down the lane.
Book this listing
- The £35.00 cost of the hot tub is for the First Night Only, additional nights are charged at £10 per night and payable directly to the owner when on site.
- Bed Linen Provided
- Dogs permitted
- Farm Stay
- Hot Tub
- Just For Two
- Log Burner / Fireplace
- Pub within 1 Mile
- Walks nearby
- Check In3:00 PM
- Check Out10:30 AM
- Max Guests2